1.17.2009

Along With The Pilot...

I acquired a whole bunch of nifty items to get me up and printing. I bought a "Letterpress Starter Kit" from Paul Aken at The Platen Press Museum. Paul is a great guy and a collector of all types of printing equipment, but mainly platen presses. I took photos of all the things I brought home with me:




The opened package of gauge pins








What the package of gauge pins looks like on the outside








The first line of type I intend on printing, locked up in the chase








Another shot of the type locked up








Yeah, a closeup of the locked up type








Spaces for the font I got








My first font, 14 pt. Typo Upright, is a nice serif








A tiny tin of black ink








Tympan paper








Furniture! I love furniture. It sounds like Lincoln Logs when it clinks together







Leads and slugs








Reglets and nonpareil








Wedge quoins and quoin key








Composing stick








Planer







Line gauge






Also gotten was some pressboard and an imposing surface. Oh! And Paul also gave me an awesome old cut of a rooster. Even though I need new rollers for the Pilot, I should be able to run a few prints of this line of type soon. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers